Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a lifelong and the most common type of diabetes. The condition is characterized by your body preventing from using insulin and resisting it. It loses its production in the pancreas and the blood sugar in the body cannot work efficiently to produce energy.
T2DM symptoms can be mild that can go unnoticed and also they can show life risky signs too. In fact, 8 million people having T2DM are unaware of it. The signs and symptoms are as follow:
- Being Thirsty
- Blurry vision
- Weight gain or loss
- frequent urination
- Cardiovascular related problem
- Kidney or liver problem
- Sex related problems
- Slow wound healing
- frequent urges to urinate
The condition is also acquired by lifestyle habits like eating lots of foods and drinks with sugar along with lack of exercise, patient’s genetics and hereditary also play a factor to acquire this condition.
This disease also causes diabetic dyslipidemia a condition commonly found in people with type 2 diabetes. It is characterized by increased trigylcerides (body fat) and decreased HDL-C (good fat)
Action Mechanism of pioglitazone generic
Pioglitazone improves insulin sensitivity by reducing insulin resistance. This makes it easier for sugar (glucose) in the blood to get into the cells. It is in a class of anti-diabetic drugs called thiazolidinediones that are used to treat type 2 diabetes patients. Particularly overweight diabetic patients who are unable to control their blood sugar levels through diet and exercise alone.
This drug primarily binds itself to the serum protein and processes itself by hydroxylation and oxidation. After this medication is metabolized, it starts acting as a selective agonist at Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor Gamma (PPARγ) on the adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, and liver to increase the retention of insulin.
It also controls the condition of patient without an increase in insulin secretion by pancreatic β cells. It is designed to be used alongside a healthy, balanced diet and regular physical activity resulting in the healthy functioning of insulin in blood sugar level.
The action mechanism of pioglitazone tablet can be hindered by other drugs like Beta-blocker, gemfibrozil, rifamycins as they are shown to interfere with actos medication. It is always suggested to consult your health care professional.
Benefits of pioglitazone generic
The benefits of this medicine are seen significantly on cardiovascular system when compared with other drugs that are used to treat T2DM.
The major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE) like heart attacks in patients with type 2 diabetes are reduced by 23% with Actos. Myocardial infarction (MI) in type 2 diabetes is always at high risk due and has shown to reduce the recurrence of MI by 28% and reduction of recurrent stroke incident by 47%.
Actos also showed improvement of diabetic dyslipidemia, condition characterized mainly with type 2 diabetes with increased triglycerides (fatty acid) and decreased HDL-C (good fat). Here pioglitazone tablet increases HDL-C and decreases triglycerides.
Dosage and storage of pioglitazone generic
This is an oral drug and the dosage and its strength are as follow:
- Tablets - 15mg
- Tablets - 30 mg
- Tablets - 45 mg
Try not to miss the dose and if missed, take it as soon as you remember. Avoid taking double dose to catch up with the missed dose.
This medication must be taken only with the physicians’ recommendation.
- It is recommended that you store this medication at room temperature.
- Keep Pioglitazone generic away from children and pets.
- Keep this medication Avoid storing it in light and moisture.
- Do not keep this inside bathroom.
- Check the expiry expire date
- Follow the disposal method that comes along the actos medication.
Precautions while taking pioglitazone generic
- If you are allergic to actos medication or any other medicinal components, it is requested that you inform your physician immediately.
- Patient with active liver diseases are advised not to take pioglitazone tablets.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you must consult your doctor before taking this medication.
- If you are undergoing any surgery, please inform your doctor about the same.
- Have your medical history discussed with your doctor especially if you have heart disease, anaemia, eye problem, and lung fluid.
- The alcohol consumption is discouraged while you are on pioglitazone tablets.
- Patient with symptomatic heart failure are not recommended pioglitazone tablets.
Side Effects of pioglitazone generic
The common side effects of this medication include:
- Muscle pain
- Gradual weight gain
- Back pain
- Tooth problems
- Mouth pain
In addition to the above, there are some adverse side effects as well. These are listed as below:
- Blood in urine
- Chest pain
- Impaired or loss of vision
- Painful urination
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
If you experience an of the above side effects, you must contact your doctor immediately and rush to the nearest emergency unit.