Gout or flares mostly attack the joints, ankles, and knees. It is a type of inflammatory arthritis that is caused due to high levels of uric acid present in the patient’s blood. In fact, the high amount of uric acid in the blood leads to the formation of hard needle-like crystals in the joints and ankles and it eventually causes inflammation. It also generates severe pain, tenderness, redness, warmth, and swelling.
Colchicine Genric is highly effective in its’ treatment which is why it is highly recommended by the doctors. Gout is one of the common conditions that can interfere with an individual’s lifestyle and may lead to more painful chronic problems.
For quick relief, one must consult a physician and follow the prescribed medical routine. Any negligence in proper treatment routine can lead to the following complications:
- Damage of joints
- Joint deformity
- Loss of bone
- Loss of mobility or movement abilities
Action Mechanism of Colchicine:
Colchicine is used for treating severe gout-related pain that occur in joints, ankles, and knees of the affected person. This medicine is also effective in treating the discomforts caused due to Familial Mediterranean Fever.
Colchicine uses the following action plan for treating the inflammations caused by Gout and Familial Mediterranean Fever:
- Prevents the activation and migration of neutrophils in the inflamed body parts
- Reduces inflammation by Interrupting COX2 and prostanoid synthesis
A small dose of Colchicine is highly effective for treating Gout pains and Familial Mediterranean Fever, with absolutely no side effects.
Similarly, the medicine Colchicine taken in a small dose has a better clearance rate in the patient’s body and has lower toxicity involved.
Generally, low dose Colchicine is always prescribed for avoiding any adverse effects and toxicity. It’s highly recommended that one must not use this medication unless a doctor permits him/her to do so.
Dosage and storage of Colchicine Generic (Colcrys):
This medication is available in various strengths. At BuyUrMed, it is available as following:
- Like all medicines, this medication should always be stored safely in an air-tight container.
- It must always be stored out of the reach of children and pets.
- The medicine should always be stored at room temperature, between 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F).
- These tablets must be stored in a cool and dry place, away from heat and direct sunlight.
Precautions while taking Colchicine (Colcrys):
- If you are allergic to any medicinal components of Colchicine, you must notify your doctor about the same!
- Depending on Colchicine’s interactions with clarithromycin, you might experience some massive adverse effects. To avoid such instances, always adhere to your doctor’s instructions.
- If you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy, we recommend you to discuss the matter with your doctor before taking this medication. This will help you in avoiding any kind of medical complications.
- This medication is known to pass into breast milk, which is why you should avoid breastfeeding your baby during such a phase of medicine consumption. And if you are a nursing mother, avoid nursing, especially when you are taking this medication.
- This medication interacts with alcoholic beverages, which in turn, can generate several liver issues. Therefore, we advise you to avoid alcohol consumption while using this medication.
Before buying this medication, you must ensure taking all the precautions to avoid any future complications.
Side Effects of Colchicine (Colcrys):
There are very few side effects associated with Colchicine that have been reported so far. However; some common side effects have been listed below:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle weakness and pain
Apart from the above, there are various other side effects that have been reported and if you experience any of the above, you must consult your doctor or rush to the nearest emergency unit immediately.