Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a chronic and progressive state of body, where the pancreas is not able to produce enough insulin thus, the blood glucose levels are abnormally high. It also resists the effects of insulin and its sensitivity.
Euglucon is prescribed to manage diabetes.
The signs and symptoms often develop slowly. Here they are listed below:
- Blurred vision
- Frequent infections, slow wound healing
- Increased hunger/thirst/fatigue/urination
- Unintended weight loss or weight gain
- Darkening of skin areas in the armpits and around neck
There are certain controlled or uncontrolled factors that increase your risk for acquiring T2DM. They are listed below:
- If you are among the elderly population
- High levels of high triglycerides (bad fat), low HDL (good fat)
- Race/ethnicity, pre-disposed genetic condition
- High blood pressure
- Pre-diabetic condition
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices such as eating sugary foods and drink, physical inactivity.
- Developing gestational diabetes when you were pregnant, polycystic ovarian syndrome.
If left untreated, then the chronic condition of diabetes can lead to serious malfunctioning of vital organs. They are listed as below:
- Cardiovascular complications
- Kidney/eye/nerve/ear damage
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Sexual dysfunction
- Infectious sores
- Sleep apnoea
There is no permanent cure for the disorder. However; it can be controlled with proper medication combined with balance diet, healthy physical activity, maintaining balanced weight and stress-free lifestyle.
Action Mechanism of glibenclamide:
FDA approved glibenclamide in May 1984. It is a second-generation sulfonylurea drug used to treat patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is absorbed rapidly and is extensively bound to plasma proteins.
The action mechanism of the drug is facilitated by closing ATP-sensitive potassium channels on pancreatic beta cells. The ATP-sensitive potassium channels on beta cells are known as sulfonylurea receptor 1 (SUR1).
The increasing calcium ion concentrations and intracellular potassium stimulates secretion of insulin containing granules through the closure of ATP-sensitive potassium channels on beta cells at SUR1.
This medication must be taken only with the physician’s recommendation.
Benefits of Diabinese of Euglucon:
There are several studies conducted by doctors to evaluate the benefits of glibenclamide. There are some observation done to confirm the clinical use of the drug.
When combined with healthy lifestyle choices such as a timely exercise routine and a balanced diet, Euglucon is able to prove effective for glycaemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes. However, the elderly patients should be closely monitored.
The medication should only be consumed with the doctor’s prescription.
Dosage and storage of Euglucon:
Euglucon is an oral drug and there are various formulations and dosages available. At BuyUrMed, following formulations and strengths are available:
Take it exactly as per your doctor instruction.
- Do not store euglucon tablets above 25°C (77° C).
- Store it away from children and pet’s reach.
- Store it in a tight, light resistant container.
- Check the expiration date of the drug.
- Discard the drug as instructed on the drug leaflet or ask your healthcare advisor.
Precautions while taking Euglucon:
- Before taking Euglucon, tell your doctor if you are allergic to glibenclamide or any other inactive component of the medication.
- It is not recommended to use this medicine in patient below 18 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you had kidney disease, heart disease, active liver disease, thyroid disease, adrenal or pituitary gland disorder, diabetic ketoacidosis, poor diet, G6PD deficiency, nervous system problem (autonomic neuropathy) and electrolyte imbalance (low sodium blood level).
- Limit alcohol consumption as it can interact with glibenclamide and cause a serious reaction. It can also cause low blood sugar. Consult your doctor about the safe use of alcohol.
- Avoid getting stressed as it can make difficult to control your blood sugar level.
- Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen in the sun, as this drug can cause you to become sensitive to the sun.
- Elderly patients are more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially low blood sugar.
- Do not drive or use machinery as euglucon tablets may cause dizziness, or drowsiness due to extremely low or high blood sugar.
- Before undergoing any surgeries, inform your doctor or dentist about your medication.
- It is not advised to use Euglucon along with drug like bosentan, analgesics, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, cytotoxic drugs, anticoagulants, antidepressants, antifungals, ACE inhibitors, antipsychotics and diuretics. Please consult with your doctor about your all other drugs with the euglucon tablets.
- This medication is not advised to be used in pregnant and breast-feeding women. You should discuss the benefits and risk of it with your doctor before taking this medication and it should taken only if recommended.
Side Effects of Euglucon:
There are various side-effects of this medication. Common side effects are listed below:
- weight gain
- passing of gas
- stomach fullness
In addition to the above, there are some rare and adverse side-effects that have also been reported by people. These are listed as below:
- irregular heartbeat
- hepatic porphyria
- light headedness
- serious allergic reaction like rash, itching, swelling especially of the face/tongue/throat
This list does not include all the side effects and if you experience any aggravated reaction, you must immediately contact your doctor immediately or rush to the nearest emergency unit.