Glucose (sugar) is one of the primary sources for energy. A lack of insulin or inadequate insulin secretion causes high levels of sugar in the blood. This can lead to severe health problems such as blood pressure and vision loss. There are three types of diabetes which are listed as follows:
- Type 1 - Your body’s immune system does not allow the release of insulin due to inactivity of pancreatic cells.
- Type 2 - Your body becomes insulin resistance and as a result, it can’t utilize insulin efficiently
- Gestational diabetes - It occurs in pregnant women and is a temporary condition.
There are various types of insulin injections available in the market to control Type 1 diabetes. If you are suffering from type 2 diabetes, Metformin generic is a popular anti-diabetic drug which is commonly prescribed by the doctors to cure type 2 diabetes.
Potential complications of diabetes
Uncontrolled blood sugar can cause some severe health issues. Some of the chronic complications are listed as follows:
- Vessel disease leads to stroke and heart attack
- Nerve damage or neuropathy
- Kidney damage or nephropathy
- Blindness or eye problems (retinopathy)
- Infections on skin
- Birth defects
Action mechanism of Metformin
This medication can be used alone or with other anti-diabetes drugs like sulfonylurea or insulin. It is a biguanide antihyperglycemic agent and that’s why it improves glucose tolerance in patients who are having type 2 diabetes. This medication acts in three ways.
- By inhibiting gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis, it reduces the production of hepatic glucose.
- It increases insulin sensitivity in muscles and improves peripheral glucose uptake and utilization.
- It delays the absorption of intestinal glucose.
Along with this medication, you must follow a strict diet and exercise to manage your diabetes. But, don’t take this medicine without consulting a doctor as this can lead to some serious health issues.
Benefits of Metformin Generic
Metformin Generic is available under the brand names Glunovag, Fortamet, Glucophage, and Riomet.
- This medicine is used exclusively to treat type 2 diabetes. By managing your blood sugar level, this medication prevents other diseases like kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, and other sexual problems.
- This medicine along with proper diet also lessens your chances of getting a heart attack or stroke.
- This medicine has some anti-cancerous properties and that’s why this drug can suppress the growth of some tumours.
- This medicine lessens the chances of developing atherosclerosis and also reduces the chances of ageing.
- The Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a very common problem for women which leads to infertility, menstrual problems, and many more. Endocrine abnormalities are the main reasons for PCOS and it improves endocrine abnormalities, thereby eliminates PCOS.
You can buy metformin online or in the pharmacy stores but you must do so only with the physicians recommendation.
Dosage and storage of Metformin Generic
Although, there is no fixed dosage of this medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and the dosage of this medicine must be determined based on the effectiveness and tolerance of the patients.
At BuyUrMed, you can buy metformin online in the below-mentioned strengths:
- Tablets: 500 mg 60 tablets
- Tablets: 850 mg 30 tablets
- Always store this medicine in an air-tight container.
- Keep the container at room temperature (20°–25°C) and store it in such a place where the sunlight, heat, or air can’t penetrate easily.
- Keep these drugs away from children and pets.
Precautions while taking Metformin Generic
- If you are allergic to metformin or any other medicinal component, you must inform your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease, acidic blood problem or type 1 diabetes. Your doctor may change or alter the dosage of the medicine.
- Avoid alcohol consumption while taking this medication because alcohol can enhance your risk of lactic acidosis.
- If you had a recent heart attack or stroke, consult the same with the doctor before taking this anti-diabetic drug.
- If you are not able to drink or eat like normal especially after certain medical procedures or surgeries, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you are suffering from diabetic ketoacidosis, don’t use this drug.
- As this drug passes into breast milk, it can cause side effects to the infant which is why you must consult with your doctor before taking this medication.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, tell your doctor about your medical history. Because your doctor will decide whether you can take Glunovag in pregnancy or not.
Side effects of Metformin Generic
Although the medication is mild, there are some common side-effects that are observed. These are listed as below:
Common side effects include:
- Stomach upset
- Fast breathing
Less common side effects include:
- Jaundice or yellow skin
- Mental confusion
- Irregular heartbeat
- Excessive hunger
- Shortness of breath
If you are observing any of these above-mentioned signs and symptoms while taking this medication, you must stop taking it immediately.